The VerticalResponse API is so extensive, the possibilities are almost limitless. You can even go as far as to completely create your own email creation, list management and statistics reporting interfaces and leverage VerticalResponse’s industry-leading deliverability and scalability while keeping your users completely within your environment.
To manage the entire email creation and reporting functionality yourself, you’ll need to build or address the following:
- Account management, including creating new VerticalResponse accounts directly through our API using the createUser() and createCompany() methods.
- Email content creation for both the HTML and Text versions of the email campaign. You can usually handle this either with custom editing tools, pre-defined content and templates or any combination of them.
- Campaign details, including the campaign name, email subject line and launch date.
- List management, including list creation, segmentation and individual recipient changes. VerticalResponse automatically handles all unsubscribed and bounced email addresses.
- Statistics reporting, including displaying the number of opened emails, clicked links, unsubscribes and bounces each campaign generated to your users. You can even allow them to drill down and see what activities each recipient performed on each campaign.
- Email credit management, allows your customers to purchase more credits to send campaigns either directly through VerticalResponse or with your own custom payment structure, taking full advantage of our API Billing methods.
A custom interface requires the most extensive use of our APIs, and no two implementations are truly the same. If you are a VerticalResponse Partner, your Partner Success Manager and Partner Integration Manager can work with you develop the right solution to meet your needs. You can also take advantage of our developer forums to connect with other programmers working through similar integrations.